Applications for the Awards open in December and close in January each year. We have one round of applications a year.
To be eligible to apply, charities must have the following:
- A registered charity number
- Be working in the fields of Welfare, Youth or Community
- At least one paid full-time member of staff in a leadership position
- Income less than £5 million
- Provide direct services to beneficiaries
- Majority of activity or beneficiaries are in the Midlands or North of England. For a full list of areas eligible click here.
Winners will be selected based on their willingness to benefit from the Pilotlight process, so please read the guidance notes to ensure your application is relevant to the type of Award on offer.
If you believe that your organisation is eligible to apply, please read our guidelines thoroughly and read the Process page that outlines what you need to do.
Organisations who have applied previously are eligible to apply again, but only if there have been significant changes.
If your organisation would benefit from the support of the Weston Charity Awards but doesn’t quite meet the criteria, please contact Georges Lebreton at Pilotlight on 020 7283 7022 or firstname.lastname@example.org about their other programs.
“I feel the process has had a most positive impact on the governance of our charity…encouraging the team to view the structure of the governance from a different angle, encouraging the use of simple tools to make the most of who we have but to identify any missing skills, commitment and experience.”
2015 Weston Charity Award winner.